1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Halloween!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CentralIllinoisan, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Just don't scare these guys.

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I bought three bags of candy but my neighbor and I were chatting earlier and he told me in his 8 years living here he has had a total of maybe 25 kids come to the door. His wife said the same thing.

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

So far I have zero. It's sad.

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Is Keegan involved in this???

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

I volunteered to work just so I wouldn't have to deal with trick-or-treaters. I hate Halloween. Of course, these days, there's nothing scarier than coming into work.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

That's nothing. On Halloween my senior year of high school, a kid dressed up as Jesus, brought a huge wooden cross he carried around all day and then was crucified in the courtyard during lunch. I think he got sent home, maybe suspended.

8. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

I find it very interesting that Nick Saban's birthday was today. I mean, really, how did it slip past everyone that Saban's birthday is Halloween?

You just can't make that up.

9. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

My plan was to get dressed up in my blue double-breasted suit, shave and get a haircut, and show up at work with an ax or a scythe over my shoulder. If anyone asked, I'd tell them I was a newspaper exec.

Chances are there'd be an opening here... one that wouldn't get filled.

Draft saved Draft deleted