1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Go Skateboarding Day (Spoiler alert: Cop beats up kids)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jun 26, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

A little late I know, but Happy Go Skateboarding Day.

Just don't skate in Hot Springs, Arkansas, the hometown of former President Bill Clinton. You see Hot Springs bills itself as a tourist destination, a place where families can go.
    Umm, just don't go skateboarding in downtown,
    , best video of a cop roughing up a couple of kids ever. That's the kind of video that really promotes a town's good image. If you check out the comments, one is from a TV reporter looking to do a story.

I really enjoyed it in the video when the cop had the 13 year old girl in a strangle hold and then grabbed another kid so he had the double headlock going. He looked like a professional wrestler.

2. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Is this fake? That looks like a hidden camera.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's likely a helmet cam, which accounts for the odd lenses look.

Can't really blame the cop, though he was a little rough. Maybe he's had run-ins with this group before. He kept saying it was against city ordinance to skate there (likely because it's a tourist area). If they'd cooperated with him, instead of running this could have all been avoided.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Cop is a first class dickhead. If I were the kids' parents I'd sue his ass.

Guy doesn't have anything better to do than beat up skateboarders?

Fucking stormtrooper.

5. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

If I'm not mistaken, after the one kid runs, the cop chases him, doesn't at least one skateboarder SKATEBOARD after them?

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

AP says the video is real...

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Maybe at the local watering hole?

8. so the mayor of the town that Clinton is from is named Bush?

you know what I realized a few days ago ...

all the asshole sideways cap-wearing teenage skateboarders in my town are always trying to do this thing where they jump up, turn their skateboard 180 degrees, and land back down on it. and I've never seen one of them actually do it

Draft saved Draft deleted