1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Fourth weekend. How are you spending it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Monday Morning Sportswriter, Jul 1, 2006.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

After he reads it, he might roll over in his grave.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I have annual Klan picnic at Daytona

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm hanging with the 'rents for a day or two, then spending the 4th and the 5th, which is also my birthday, with my best friend and her husband. I expect we'll be watching some fireworks and that I'll be treated to an excellent meal on my birthday. Woo-hoo!

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'm going to enjoy working time and a half.

Really, I am.

6. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Working tonight, then off Monday and Tuesday. We'll probably stay around the house Tuesday--the dog goes crazy over the neighborhood fireworks, so we don't like to leave her by herself.

Doc and spup--congratulations!

7. Hed bust

Hed bust Guest

Four days on the island of Mallorca
    Tons of English soccer fans here who got deflated Saturday.
    They are handling it well, though.
    Everyone here´s happy, it seems.

8. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

The fourth is my favorite holiday, and usually my favorite day of the year. Almost didn't want to share, because I'm worried I'll jinx myself and have Massachusetts get drenched for the next 48 hours.

Monday: Get up, laundry, lunch with my buddy who had to pull off the Appalachian Trail for a few weeks after wrenching his knee and ankle. Head east to visit Mom on her birthday (it's a surprise, shhhhhh.) Go catch the fireworks in Needham, MA, which are the best in the world excluding New York and Boston. Drive back home.

Tuesday: Up early for the parade in Texington, to cheer on/harass the woman from my shop who's going to follow her daughter's cheerleading crew with a wagon of water (and a very red face). Cookout in the afternoon, then off to a baseball game followed by more fireworks. Come home and catch the Pops on DVR. It's almost too perfect, especially since I'll be spending the majority of Tuesday with my favorite person in the world who isn't related to me by blood.

Giddy up.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

After saying I would not eat Chicago-style Italian beef or watch fireworks this weekend, I have now done both.

My next plan is to not win the lottery.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

After saying I was going to do nothing but pack this weekend, I wound up out drinking last night and then buying beer for a complex barbeque tonight. Sometimes I do have a life :D

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

How complex can a barbeque be? You put stuff on the grill, you take it off. Not so complex. 8)

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

When you cook like me, even a barbeque is complex . . . this is why they told me to just bring beer ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted