1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Fourth weekend. How are you spending it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Monday Morning Sportswriter, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Um, you want someone to take a picture of you masturbating in your sleep while lying in a hammock?

Ya. Um, OK.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Damn, you figured me out!

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I plan to do some writing, run a few intervals, take the bike out three or four times, torment the dogs, catch up on laundry and do some minor research on a couple of things.

4. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

I'm a rookie sports writer ... I'll be making contributions to a newspaper's sports section

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'm spending the 4th unemployed ... a very temporary and totally voluntary condition as I prepare to transition into another job.

The plan is to spend a great deal of time on the deck, grilling and chilling. And drinking, much drinking.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Good hubby spent today before work nursing wife with 24-hour flu.

But tomorrow and Monday, I'm out at the local sandlot tournament, checking in with some old pals and catching some good ball.

Then Tuesday, wife and I are going down to the city's ArtsFest, which culminates in the evening with a performance by the Beach Boys.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I see you Little League and raise you all the fun runs, golf tournaments and, yes, the 4th of July Kickball Tournament I have to cover this long weekend.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I am writing an on line summer novel with friends.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Oh, great, they're getting married, and we're just friends. ::)

Sadly, the 2170s will be independent of each other on Independence Day, but will make up for it next week.

So I guess he's right, we're wasting the weekend hundreds of miles apart writing this psychotic novel. BUT I'M NOT BITTER OR ANYTHING! ;)

(oy vey, two smilies in one post, I need help...)

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I forgot to ask. When Warner books buys the rights to the summer novel, whose name goes on it?

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Kickball rules. I was like Brooks Robinson over at the hot corner.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Mike Royko.

He won't mind.

Draft saved Draft deleted