1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Fourth weekend. How are you spending it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Monday Morning Sportswriter, Jul 1, 2006.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Working every day of the week. life sucks!

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hanging with my son now at his pad, watching baseball AND soccer (certainly not my choice). Heading out later to spend a few days with friends and take in some baseball.

Not working for a few days - always a good thing.

Doc, congrats. We'll send the condolences in five years (old married guy joke).

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Congrats to doc and spup! I can vouch for their supreme joy...and I wish those crazy kids all the luck in the world.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

True story. You were the first to find out.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I found out before you did. ;)

Anyway, I'm spending it working, and trying to fix major parts of my life. Sounds like fun, huh?

Hopefully there will also be booze involved at some point.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Add my congrats to Doc and spup.

Back to the question: Working. Through the weekend, off Monday, work baseball game Tuesday night. Work through the week.

Hey ... it's the price one pays to go on some stupid outing.  ;)

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I echo the congratulations to Doc and spup.

Me, I get to spend the next week covering district Little League tournaments. :-X

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I do have to work the fourth, but I get to take the time off in July when I'm in Chicago with Doc. I get to go to my favorite place in the world, with my fiance, to watch the Cubs lose at Wrigley. :)

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Working, tho I do get July 4 off as a normal day off. On the copy desk, holidays do not exist. :-\

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Covering a 5K race at 8 a.m., writing the story as quickly as possible, then taking a couple monkeys for a bike ride before taking an afternoon nap.

Then I'll haul the crew to the city park for a family fun fest thingy followed by, hopefully, fireworks at night.

12. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

Idaho, better slow the dude on your icon down--looks like he's pushing a smal gear with high RPM...Is he doped?

Draft saved Draft deleted