1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Fourth week (end). How are you spending it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Jul 2, 2007.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Babying senior Army officers and non commissioned officers while they're on a trip Ft. Lewis.

2. NotCalvinsKid

NotCalvinsKid Member

Getting married Saturday.
    Leaving for Mexico Monday.
    2 weeks off from week. Hellyeah.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Congrats on all accounts.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Have a great Fourth, folks. Best to you and your families.

At some point, when the moons align, we should have a SportsJournalists.com outing where it's a long weekend for both Canada Day and the Fourth.

We'll call it "Hands Across the Border". :)

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Working 2,000 miles from home, and trying to write on deadline during a postgame fireworks extravaganza -- always a treat.

Hope everybody else is doing something better than that!

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm working. But that's not important right now.

I'm in possible violation of the new rules, but the only comment I can think of to go with the following link is God Bless America.

http://bandwagonboy.proboards18.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1183381761

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'm working. A friend just called asking if I wanted to come to the neighborhood block party, but I don't know if I'll make it.

I'm not sure why we're working. We're over budget already and they have to give us holiday pay for this. Whatabuncha retards.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Visiting family from Sunday night to Thursday morning. Since I'm going to have to forfeit my last two weeks of vacation, this and the NY quasiouting has to suffice for vacation this year.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Why do you have to "forfeit" vacation? Can they do that?

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

A lot of places, if you don't use it by a certain time (read: End of summer for sports staffers) you lose it.

11. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Local parade (or the gym if I can't get moving there fast) in the morning

Brother's & nephew's during early afternoon

HS freinds for BBQ & fireworks down by the marina.

Triple play local style!

JDV

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I have until the end of the year to use it. Problem is, our editorial assistant just left, and there's no way they'll replace her by the end of the summer. So I'll have to do some of her work until that happens. And so by the time they replace her and have said replacement trained, it'll be the high school fall season. And my window for taking time off is shut.

Draft saved Draft deleted