1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy fourth, down there!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Hope y'all have a great Independence Day and no aliens blow up the Capitol Building or anything.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'll do my best to hold down South Alabama.

I accidentally asked my instructor pilot -- who's a Brit -- what he was doing for the Fourth.

"I'm going to drop me pants and show my arse to all you Yanks."

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If they do, are you going to feel stupid.. . wasting your powers on that, instead of picking the right numbers for the lotto

4. Flash

Flash Guest

I have yet to unleash all of my powers unto the world.

What are you doing, slaps? Striking up the Q? Having a few cold ones? What's up today, eh?

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Raining. :(

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It will be some sort of searing raw, decaying animal flesh, but not sure what kind...

Might even make 21's vodka recipe... catch a flight. you can be here by dinner...

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

go to hell you damn canookie.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Only because I'm setting up your welcome party.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

solid.

10. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

It is an absolutely gorgeous morning here in the Northwoods. Not a cloud in the sky, about 65 with a predicted high of 80.

We'll be heading to town soon, Rosebud marches in two parades. Did the street dance and fireworks thing last night, so after the parades we'll hit the concessions, walk around, I'll take some pictures for work (yup, always on, but I get paid for it, plus mileage.)

We'll come home later this afternoon, and instead of grilling, I have take'n'bake pizzas ready to bake. The rest of the evening will be lazy bum mode. Tomorrow, the festivities continue with another small town celebration I will make an appearance at to take some pics.

Sunday, the menfolk leave for Scout camp and I will probably spend the day cleaning and doing yard work.

Happy Fourth of July everyone!!!

11. Flash

Flash Guest

We'll be having fireworks every night for the next 10 days ... damn Stampede.

My dog hates the sound.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The Stampede's started?

Flash in her pink cowgirl hat.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted