1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Festivus!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Dec 22, 2008.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Active Member

"The tradition of Festivus begins with the airing of grievances ... I'VE GOT A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH YOU PEOPLE!"
  2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

We have a Festivus thread every week, it seems, and I know it doesn't occur that often.
  4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Happy Festivus to you all as well!

Mikey, is there another legendary party planned for this evening?
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Don't forget the feats of strength!
  7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Active Member

"It's a Festivus miracle!"
  8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Krueger, have you seen the pole?
  9. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I'm pretty sure my daughter's on the pole, as she has recently discovered it makes her 'tingle.'
  10. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Active Member

"A Festivus for the rest of us!"
  11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't know about legendary -- and it certainly won't be last year -- but we're getting together tonight to celebrate.

In fact, my hands are freezing because I just pulled the pole out of the crawl space (the cabana out back), and winter hasn't been kind to my aluminum friend. Still in its box -- "It's like it's been here all year," I quipped to my father -- the pole is still in mint condition. So I set it on the stand and threw it in the corner next to the television, out of the way and near no other decorations -- especially tinsel.

After dinner at the bar, our meeting place for the last seven -- not soda -- years, we'll come back to my parents' house and exchange gifts, grievances and grapples in front of the pole and the Super Nintendo. (Crap. I should take that out of my car. It can't have that many years left in it.)

The only drawback, I'm afraid, is that I no longer have Season 9, which contains "The Strike," the Festivus episode. If anyone has a link where I could download the episode on a CD, that'd be an awesome move, and even more, a Festivus miracle!

I'll report back when I'm drunk on joy -- and booze.
  12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Oh, no. Not the pole.
Draft saved Draft deleted