1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Father's Day!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stretch15, Jun 17, 2007.

1. lono

lono Active Member

Had a great day with the kids.

After they went to bed, Mrs. Lono and I each had a shot of Jameson's and a Sammy in honor of our departed fathers. It seemed like the right thing to do.

2. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

I actually thought mine would be like Moddy's. My daughter is 17 and has no use for me other than as an ATM most of the time. But she remembered, got me a gift (Jelly Belly Appletini Mix...I am aware that I may in fact be gay) and asked me to hit ground balls to her for about an hour, which, while it may sound silly, is fun for us.

After that, I fully expected her to jet off to whatever it is that she does while she is away from home. But she spent the day at home with the me and the Mrs.

It was weird. I am now waiting for the other shoe to drop, ie..."Dad, meet Snake, I have decided not to go to college, but will instead run off to become a carny with him."

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

My wife, son and I spent Father's Day at Rogers Centre watching the Jays lose to Moddy's Nats. Awesome day, weather-wise, at the yard and I even snagged one of those ties they were giving out.

My son and I played catch in the backyad while dinner was grilling. My fireballing seven-year-old is forcing his old man to look for a bigger area to play.

My father died in 1992. Can't say I've spent a whole lot of time thinking about him since then. Doubt anyone else has either.

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Marv. Great story.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yes, the Nats' victory was indeed one of the highlights of the day.

The Tigers, however, are wearing their asses out so bad the shine is gone.
    What up with these ties?

Draft saved Draft deleted