1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Canada Day!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Official name is "Jaromir Czech Jagr"

[​IMG]

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I miss having CBC available on my old dish.

misterbc likes this.
  3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Back when I was little we had a big dish satellite and we could get the radio feed from Newfoundland ... a half-hour off. :)

Vombatus likes this.
  4. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Celebrated Canada Day by celebrating the 50th anniversary of the release of the best album of the best Canadian/American band: Music from Big Pink by The Band.

Their best song about Canada wasn't written until several years later, though.

misterbc, HC and Vombatus like this.
  5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I have Canadians flags, plates, serviettes and whatnot around here. And Canucks.

I’m doing my best to keep them from going all ‘burin’ down the house’. That house..

Anyway, Happy Canada Day to all.

6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Went to Banff for Canada Day. Small town Canada Day parades can be fun/odd for some of the mix of marchers but figured because it’s Banff it would be a good presentation.

WRONG.

Had the usual fire truck and a few marching bands. Seeing boys in the band procession doing the gun baton twirling in the same outfits as the girls was different but good for them for letting it rip, seemed to be having fun.

There was a marching contingent of the Falun Gong which I thought was a borderline cult.

Banff Pride group marched but with no float, just a banner and maybe the ugliest drag queen I have ever seen. Got a dirty look from my wife and a guffaw from from another watcher when I remarked that “that girl is really tall.”

Parade ended with 50 Filipinos carrying a banner for Couples for Christ and a few singing a karaoke Jesus song.

It was just a weird mish match of marchers.

Vombatus likes this.
  7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That is what the Chinese Communist Party would like you to think.

8. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

On a day like this, not only am I not ashamed at bringing back a 7-year-old thread, I'm proud.

Happy Canada Day friends to the north!

Vombatus, misterbc and JC like this.
  9. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

A very different Canada Day this year with streaming concerts and cancelled fireworks but still the best country on earth! :)

misterbc and Huggy like this.
  11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Belated Happy Canada Day!

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If the US re-elects its President, I’m going to love Canada even more.

Draft saved Draft deleted