1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Canada Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Jul 1, 2012.

1. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Happy Canada Day to everyone up there.

Though I'll never forgive you guys for Bieber and Nickelback.

2. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

There isn't a Tim Hortons within 200 miiles of here, so I'll have to honor The True North with old Kids in the Hall episodes on Netflix

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I bet Boom and BigDog have passed out on Mooseheads and Canadian Club by now.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

*hangs head in shame*

In all seriousness, all the best to all of you, especially including the ones who had the misfortune to meet me in person. :)

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

1. Ron Francis
    2. Cam Ward
    3. A crazy bunch of folks I met in Toronto who did a second-to-none info swap on regional sports preferences and later the HHOF.
    4. The stunned employees of the HHOF who didn't think anyone pulled for that team I pull for. The looks on their faces? Priceless. Sincerity and making sure you were having fun? Difficult to dispute.
    5. A trio of musicians from suburban Toronto. They're pretty good ...

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Triumph?

Anyhoo, for Canada Day, I saw a Doucette video on YouTube and let numerous people cross in front of my car at the grocery store.

7. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Awesome Canada Day today. I don't know if they do small town parades back east but it is pretty traditional here. We went with some neighbors and all the kids and watched an hour long parade, definitely a time to suspend cynicism when seeing all the floats.

After that we went to the horse races and farmers market in another small town, great day all around.

@Huggy, April Wine was the second LP I ever bought with my own money, think I stil have it kicking around somewhere!

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ok, funny story. Happened yesterday.

HC & I were on a road trip. Went east from Toronto, headed north to Millbrook, a beautiful little town where they shot "History of Violence".

HC was sure there was a Tim Hortons in the town since she had been in a movie shoot there a few years ago.

She was certain she remembered crew going out for double doubles.

We drove around for a while looking for it and finally HC asked a woman, "Is there a Tim's in Millbrook?" .

The woman replied, quite embarrassingly, "No, there's never been a Tim's here". She actually looked sheepish.

First clue you're in a very small town in Canada: no Tim's.

9. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Thank you very much for your contributions:

--I never would have started watching "How I Met Your Mother" if I hadn't stumbled on it one night when Cobie Smulders was featured.
    -- Any movie with Emmanuelle Chriqui in it is worth watching, even if it's an Adam Sandler or a Lance Bass movie. My first look at her was "100 Girls." WOW!!! And she killed in "Entourage."
    -- I watched "The Girl Next Door" two nights ago in honor of Canada. LONG LIVE CUTHBERT ... I mean CANADA.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Cobie Smulders father was my dentist when I was a kid.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Seems to me Jones is originally from Millbrook.

And I hope everyone had an awesome Canada Day!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Favorite Canadians:

1. Sue Johanson
    2. Rush
    3. The rest of them

Draft saved Draft deleted