1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Canada day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DocTalk, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

If anyone's in Ottawa, I'll be smoking Cuban cigars and perhaps some more native plants and drinking Creemore Springs on my buddy Phil's porch, from about four o'clock on.

I'll also be standing on guard for thee.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

We could. We just can't afford them.

3. patchs

patchs Active Member

Coffee Crisps are on me!
    BTW, they are available in the states. The only place I've found them was a BP in Wilkes-Barre, Pa.
    Happy Canada Day to JR, HC, Jones, Huggy, Double J and of course, Maple Sugar (she still around?).
    If I left anyone out I met last year in Toronto, my apologies.
    So since Canada Day falls on a Sunday, does that mean the country's closed on Monday?

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Closed tight as a drum.

Pretty much everything's down: grocery stores, liquor stores, most retail stores, government offices.

The Goose, of course, is open.

Canada Day is a statutory holiday so if it falls on a Saturday or Sunday, everyone gets Monday off.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Happy Dominion Day, you hosers! (I'm kidding. We love our Canadian colleagues here on SportsJournalists.com)

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Didn't Dominion Day move to Kansas City?

I kid. I've enjoyed every trip to Canada ... except the time Z-Man and I got deported. But I don't hold it against our good friends to the north.

7. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Thanks for the "Happy Canada Day" wishes.
    Happy belated Canada Day to my fellow Canada SJ friends.
    I know this is two days away, but I will be on vacation after today until Thursday and not on these boards. To my fellow American SJ friends: Happy Fourth of July!!!

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Thank you Cansportschick. It's funny that we Yankees don't call it Independence Day as we used to. It's referred to as just "Fourth of July."

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That's because independence went out the window on the first Tuesday in November of 2000

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Mexico called. They said que?

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Nah ... in Canuckistan every day is Hockey Day!

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Just one fifth?

My great-great-great-great-great uncle, the first Prime Minister, says, "Wuss!"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted