1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Canada Day, Fellow Canucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jul 1, 2009.

1. JR

JR Active Member

Nice to have a day off in the middle of the week. It's even nicer since HC doesn't have a show today so we get to hang out together.

And Roy MacGregor, as always, says it best

There are signs, as well, that Canadians are finally turning away from picking through their own bellybutton lint in an endless search for self-identity.

That old joke about a Canadian coming to a fork in the road – one sign pointing to “Heaven,” the other to “Panel Discussion on Heaven” – and the Canadian scurrying off to talk about it seems out of date.

Have a good one folks and be grateful that you came to or were born in one of the greatest countries in the world.
  2. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I'm not a fellow Canuck but I consider myself an honourary one as I look at your beautiful country out my window. Happy Canada Day to you and be happy that you were born in such an open-minded, generous soul of a nation.
  3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

What, this couldn't go on the hockey thread? ;D
  4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

What's this about a day off in the middle of the week? apparently my boss diddn't get the memo. Oh well I will bank that OT with glee.

But yes, happy Canada Day everyone.

Among other things enjoy the start of the CFL season and NHL free agency.

May your maple syrup be sweet and your beer ice cold.
  5. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

May all the loonies in your life pile neatly into stacks of 25.
  6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I see you've met my family.
  7. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I am working today and taking Friday off. The office is dead and I have my satellite radio boombox going.

Also making puppies loafing on SportsJournalists.com.

Life is good. If I can find some Stomin Tom I will be in heaven (lost all of it off my old work laptop)
  8. OTD

OTD Active Member

Happy Canada Day. May the Timbits fall from the heavens today.
  9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Happy Dominion Day....
  10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

Blue Jays are wearing red kit with CANADA in place of the players' names on the back.

Yay for them. Won't help 'em win. :D
  11. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Ah, a Roy MacGregor column on Canadian identity. Never a week goes by ... the least likely source for breaking news on the death of Canadian-identity introspection.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Active Member

Outing alert: Magic in the Night is Sarah Palin

Bonne Fete Canada!

(I just started taking some French, so correct me if I'm wrong)
Draft saved Draft deleted