1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Birthday to five great Americans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Goo goo ga joob...

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Contrary to what two other soccer coaches and one douchenozzle parent in my AYSO region think, I'm not an ultimate ass.

Happy Birthday, Boots

3. EE94

EE94 Guest

He won't ever get old, and he won't ever die.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Buh.. buh... buh... you're a youth soccer coach. You have to be an ass...

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I have to say, this thread did not at all go the way I expected. How does a thread about a car window that won't go up get locked, while a thread with stoob wishing himself a happy birthday is both alive and civil? It's like bizarro world.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Because he wasn't an idiot on this thread.

7. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I feel shocked, Cotton.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

He didn't want to get his own birthday thread locked. The others he doesn't care about.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Seriously, how can you dump on a guy's birthday thread -- even if he started it...

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Didn't mean to dump on it (and a belated happy birthday, BTW), I just was expressing surprise that a thread that had bloodbath written all over it has turned out as well as it has. Sometimes this place surprises me, that's all.

11. boots

boots New Member

I don't want any threads locked. I only want peace. Others want to debate. I don't.
    As I said earlier appreciate those who wished me a happy birthday. I appreciate those who didn't wish me a happy birthday and wished others who shared my day good tidings.
    I even appreciated salutations from those, including those in control of the message board, who think that it's cute to spell my name backwards, thus adding more fuel to the fire and basically telling others to keep up the needling.
    As I said earlier, I'm thankful for another year because I know of many who can't say that. And in the real scheme of things the way I see it, that's more important than any locked thread, silly verbal fight, or purposely misspelling of my name.
    I'm sure some won't understand where I'm coming from. I hope many more do.

12. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

It's still early.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.