1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy birthday, Storm Surge!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, May 22, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Let me be the first to wish a very happy thirtymumblemumbleth birthday to my oldest and dearest friend on the planet, Storm Surge! He's always been a better friend than I've deserved, especially the last few months, and this is one small way to say thanks and to wish him an awesome thirtymumblemumbleth birthday!

Hard to believe, we've known each other 23 years. Who knew, in 1986, that you'd someday get an online birthday wish from that dorky, dweeby, bowlcut-sporting kid...

[​IMG]

...you met when our moms would pick us up after school here...

[​IMG]

...and who rooted for the same MLB and NHL teams as you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So for your birthday, we lured these guys out of rehab and obscurity, respectively, to wish you a happy one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We also got these guys to reunite for one night only...and not kill each other in the process:

[​IMG]

They heard you gave away your favorite Dokken tape to some girl you went out with twice, so here's their gift to you...on LP, no less, so that you get ALL the songs!

[​IMG]

Oh shit...George just went into roid rage and choked Don to death. Fear not, these guys were doing nothing in Boston and were willing to come down just for you!

[​IMG]

Hey Stormy...look who is eyeing you up and down!

[​IMG]

"I'm out."

[​IMG]

Mr. R says to do your homework.

[​IMG]

"Hey, I heard there's a kid here who began playing football his senior year at BYHS who is a bigger ballhawk than me."

[​IMG]

Speaking of unforgettable things that happened in high school..."Hey pal how's it going? Remember when I gave you the gift that keeps on giving in 1991?"

[​IMG]

"Yeah, I gave you a gift that keeps on giving too. Happy birthday asshole."

[​IMG]

"Remember when you thought you lost b/c I'd hit 300 yards in a Monday Night game but I actually didn't and you won by a point? That was awesome."

[​IMG]

Oh boy, look who's here. The smell of marijuana and the approaching sirens have sent everyone scurrying. This isn't 1999, after all, and it's not so easy to get charges dismissed when you're no longer the BMOC. But before we go...

"Hey Stormy...SHOCK THE WORLD in '09!!!"

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Happy Birthday!

May you enjoy your hair metal. :)

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Happy birthday to the board's other WNBA fan! Woo hoo!

[​IMG]

4. dargan

dargan Active Member

Happy birthday. Hope it's a good one.

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Wow, thank you guys!

BYH, you're far too kind. You give me way to much credit.

I'm glad you used the old Mets logo. :) I never would've thought Louis Oliver & Nuno Bettancourt would share the same post, but here they are. BTW, our library didn't have a computer :) And eff you Mr. R!

Again, thank you all. I've met some wonderful people here and you are all too nice to me on my birthday. :D

(BTW SC, I'm only a W fan as long as it pays the bills. ;D)

6. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Let me add to the birthday wishes. To a truly kick-ass guy who deserves nothing less than that backyard Dokken concert.

Well, he deserves better than that, but I know it would mean a lot to him. :D

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Happy birthday Storm!

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday! Go Ducks (at least today).

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm glad I went to bed at 1:30. From 11:50 on, BYH was like "LET ME START STORMY'S BIRTHDAY THREAD!!!" So I kept hounding him "Hurry up, I'm tired."

It took him FIVE HOURS to come up with that? Must have been a lot of naps after each picture.

Happy birthday, Stormy. Still waiting:

[​IMG]

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Thanks. :)

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

[​IMG]

Happy birthday!

12. forever_town