1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy birthday, Slappy - the big 5-0!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WolvEagle, Oct 8, 2011.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Happy birthday, amigo. Paul Finebaum wishes you warm fuzzies.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Happy Birthday, Slapmeister. The Union of Jeopardy Champions, Cal State Fullerton baseball fans and golf whores all salute you today by staying off your lawn.

3. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Damn Slappy ... you're only 50? I guess that time with iRace.com put about 10 years on ya ... :)

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday to a really young guy.

5. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Happy birthday! Celebrate well! One of your fans wanted to stop by with a little cake!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday!

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Fifty? Holy crap, that's old!!

:)

(Hope it was a good birthday, man)

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Happy belated ... wick stole the idea. Perhaps a couple of real St. Louis-based interviews are in order?

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thanks all. Began the day sipping Jack Daniel's when I got home from work. Ended it cleaning up diarrhea off the rug -- not mine, the dog's... there's a lesson in there somewhere

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

[​IMG]

"What's that? You want me to kill BYH for your birthday? Aww geez Slap I'd--I'd--I'd really love to but I'm kinda laid up right now. I--I--I--I know I'm useless. I'm sorry. Maybe for your 51st?"

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Hello? Is this the machine? I didn't hear a beep, can I leave a message? Hello? Usually I hear the beep. Hello? Well. Slappy dear, may I call you Slappy, I feel I know you, my 21 and her Boom say such nice things, do I know any of your people, dear? Perhaps from Bnai Zion? Although it isn't Jewish name, is it, are you any relation to Slappy White? Do you remember Slappy White? Lou, remember when we saw Slappy White on that cruise with the Goldblatt's when Marv Goldblatt's toupee blew into I SAID WHEN MARV GOLDBLATT'S TOUPEE BLEW INTO THE EVERGLADES? NO, NOT RAZOR BLADES, EVERGLADES! WHERE WE SAW SLAPPY WHITE! Well, I just wanted to wish you happy new year, Shana Tova to your people, unless you're somehow related to Slappy White and then it's probably not your new year is it, LOU, PUT THE RAZOR BLADES BACK, oh, is it also your birthday dear? Happy birthday! Perhaps you'll join us for Thanksgiving this year? We'll be at LOU! NO RAZOR BLADES! I have to go dear, I hope there was a beep, I didn't hear anything, you never know with these [BEEP!] things, happy birthday dear...

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Happy Happy

Drinks are on me:

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted