1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Birthday, Piotr!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I feel like us Lakers fans have to stick together.

It's a shame I can't get paid for this stupid shit, because it's way more fun than my real job.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Now I know what birthday present I'd most want to get.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Shaq knocking on your door at 3:30 a.m.? Wow, dools...had no idea.

And no pressure, DD, but if I don't get one of these on my birthday, it will taint the memory of the birthday I spent with you and Jones and Hustle in DC. Just saying.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Will do.

But you should know...

Headbutt is so furious you selectively edited his presence out of your memory that night, he's listening to KISS albums on Vol. 11 and lighting shit on fire in his front yard.

Clubber, on the other hand, just vowed to cut you. Had he done it that time, you might not have forgotten.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Well I couldn't remember if we had outed Clubber as having been there or not. It was two years ago. And we didn't meet up with Headbutt until later (along with Clubber) so I just kind of mentally went around the table at that first bar and listed everyone.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Me: Hey, there's more posts after Double Down's! More birthday wishes!

(checks to see the thread become people begging DD for similar greatness in their own birthday threads; not even BYH stopped to give good wishes).

Awww . . . . . . man.

The Wife: No new birthday wishes for Muffin?

Me (despondent): Nope. But let me read DD's post again . . .

Seriously, thanks, everyone. Appreciate the birthday wishes. It's been another good one for me.

I never get what I really want for my birthday, but hopefully Al Davis will pass away (or retire) soon and get the wheels rolling in that direction.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Honestly, I was going to say "happy birthday to one of the board's true good guys, someone who is able to play peacemaker and tell both sides they're acting like shitheads without ending up in the scrum himself." Alas, DD made me laugh so hard I forgot the happy birthday part.

But since you're going to beg for good wishes, the hell with my sentiments. Sci-fi sucks! :D

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dead. To. Me!!!!!![/girlgeek]

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Happy birthday. May USC figure out a way to earn a legitimate No. 1 vote next year.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Happy birthday, even if the Dodgers beat the shite out of the Cubs! :D

And DD, you should get paid for those. Freaking awesome!

11. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Happy b-day, P.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey I'm married to a sci-fi geek. At least until the two of you meet and she leaves me to go to "grad school." :D

Draft saved Draft deleted