1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Birthday, Pete Incaviglia!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, May 10, 2009.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Happy birthday!

And remember, there's no shame in being a singles hitter. :D

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Or striking out. I led the league. Twice! :D

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I think if your birthday were connected to a holiday that's the same every year, it would actually help people remember -- my best friend from high school was born on Vanentine's Day, and it's an easy reminder to call him. But having near a holiday that moves year to year just means you get screwed once in a while.

My son was born on Halloween. He's going to be able to tell his friends, "On my birthday, you can go to any house and they will give you candy!" He'll think the whole world dresses up to celebrate.

4. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

I share my birthday with Thanksgiving every four years or so. My baby is due 2 days before my birthday, so if she's late at all, she will also inevitably share her birthday with Thanksgiving. So while I love getting my favorite meal in the world on my birthday, it still sucks when my sister gives me Thanksgiving cards for my birthday to be funny.

For the record: We don't know the sex of the baby, but I'm willing the baby to be a girl, so I will always refer to the baby as a her or she. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted