1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Birthday HC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, May 11, 2010.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Only ever had them with Baileys. But next time I have one---next year sometime, I'll follow your advice.

And I love Jameson's.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Use a jigger. Fill mostly with Jameson's and top with Bailey's for flavor.
    Then drop that sucker in there.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Happy Birthday to one of the best - here or anywhere. Welcome to the 50 club. It really ain't all that bad.

4. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great one and celebrated well!

I stayed up all night baking you a cake ...

[​IMG]

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday to one of my favorites.

Good to hear that Double J and Huggy made the trip ... no surprise at all. And your brother flew in from Vancouver? Great stuff.

Enjoy. Take care!

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I was ranting? Epically? Really? OK, maybe when JR was onstage but that was it! :)

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yeah, you were! You wanted to fight the Canadian Tire guy, then you said I would do as a substitute. Then you ranted about there being no Labatt's 50 ale, and when you turn 50 that's all that will be available at your party. Then you went into a tirade about the beer where I live. It was all wonderfully epic. :D

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Oh, I almost forgot - you said something about Kristen Wiig that almost made me shit my pants in shock and then piss them from laughing so hard. :)

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Yeah I know all about that, thought there was one I missed. And, c'mon 50 is mandatory at a 50th boirthday, no? If I make it to mine that's a no brainer!

That Kristen Wiig line (used in relation to others than just her) always gets a big reaction. The wife has heard it all before, no reaction from her!

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

I might have missed one or two lines. They were coming pretty fast and furious (yeah, that's what she said ;)).

You honestly think 50 is mandatory at a 50th birthday? I certainly won't object if it's not served at mine! Ale is marginally better than dog piss at the best of times. If I'm out celebrating a happy occasion, why would I willingly subject myself to that? :D

And that Kristen Wiig line - not only had I never heard it before, I certainly never expected to hear it from a guy whose wife was sitting right there. I quickly figured that she had indeed heard it all before, but still.....holy shit, was that funny or what? I'm gonna have to use that one sometime. Maybe the next time I go to church. ;D

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Bonne chance, JJ, it's in the timing!

And after all these years with me, she has heard all that and much more.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

So make with the Wiig line already.

Draft saved Draft deleted