1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Birthday HC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, May 11, 2010.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's a significant one that ends in a zero. But she looks 20 years younger and maintains she's my trophy girlfriend. :)

Last Saturday we had the best birthday bash ever at the Blue Goose. Huggy & Mrs. Huggy were there as were Double J and his date who drove three hours to The Centre of the Universe to make the party. Best of all, HC's brother flew in from freakin' Vancouver to be there.

About 50 people in all came and danced, drank beer, ate fabulous food from Rosie's Kitchen and had a quadruple chocolate fudge cake that people are still talking about. There were Irish Car Bombs much later in the evening.

Lots of ex cast members of the Sound of Music came and during one of the band's breaks sang the greatest "Happy Birthday" I've ever heard.

Happy Birthday to the woman who puts up with my grumpiness and almost always with a smile.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That would make her 30 looking 10?
    Happy Day to my favorite supplier of Coffee Crisps and Mac's toffee...

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And an "Irish Car Bomb?"

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

A shot of Bailey's into a glass of Guinness. Christmas in a glass.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Some guys will start any old thread just to get laid!

Anyhoo, happy birthday to the sj'er with film credits

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Wasn't that a party! Great, great time. I can vouch that the cake was tremendous and all the food JR splashed for was outstanding (I recommend the deep fried dill pickles). I forgot about the great job the SOM girls did on "Happy Birthday".

Oh yeah I got to see JR dance and I heckled him (JJ can vouch for that) when he was on stage making a - thankfully - brief speech. The missus and I split before the Car Bombs.

Happy birthday to the best damned anthem singer extant!

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

That was an awesome party. I was doubling over listening to Huggy's epic rants. All we needed there was the Canadian Tire guy to make it complete.

We also taunted JR when we saw his high school girlfriend on SNL. I think Betty White was a sophomore and JR was a senior when they dated. ;D

The band was great too, and I'll agree that the "Happy Birthday" rendition was absolutely wonderful.

The capper was finally getting to see this Blue Goose place for the first time - what a cool place!

An outstanding evening and I'm glad I was there. Happy Birthday, HC!!! :D

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Thanks, y'all. Having a quiet day today after the epic awesomeness that was Saturday night. I love turning fifty, especially when I got to share it with so many friends and my favourite brother. JR outdid himself. I am truly blessed.

Gotta go. Lost is on tonight. :D

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Irish car bomb should also contain Jameson's.
    Sorry to nitpick, but I couldn't help myself. It's a serious subject.

And happy birthday.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Happy birthday, HC! And JR, you are full of shit. She looks 20.

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Happy birthday, HC!!!!

Irish Car Bombs are the ... uh, bomb.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm in favor of Irish car bombs, just make sure to include Jameson's in the recipe.
    Or at the very least Bushmills, if you're protestant.

Draft saved Draft deleted