1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Birthday, David Caruso...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you only saw the first season of NYPD Blue, you could honestly come to that conclusion...

For my money, that was the best single season of a TV show ever, and a bulk of that credit goes to Caruso...

2. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Amen Pastor.

Double Amen to Mizzou. Caruso was the best thing to happen on NYPD Blue and after he left
    the show was never the same.

Caruso is awesome on CSI Miami....so for the rest of you posters, my response to you is:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

3. Mizzougrad96

I stopped watching CSI: Miami two years ago... It's not that it's a bad show, but there are so many similar shows (CSI, SVU, NCIS) that are far superior, it became hard to justify watching it regularly...

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Yes and the same can be said for CSI:Miami. There is a reason that it is the most watch show in the world.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A title once held by Baywatch.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

NYPD detective John Kelly was awesome. He and Dennis Franz had amazing chemistry on the screen. Caruso carried that show in Year I, before the added some character to Sipowitz and transformed him into more than a bigoted lush.

Plus he got to hit Sherry Stringfield, Amy Brennerman and Debrah Farentino (Robin Wexler) in the same season. That's quite a hat trick.

"Here comes spring," his closing line in the "Rockin' Robin" episode, still gives me chills.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Can you deny the magic that is Baywatch?

Alas, I rest my case. :)

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

CSI Miami is must-see TV for one reason: Emily Proctor

9. Mizzougrad96

Sweet, sweet Ainsley...

Proctor fans really need to rent "Breast Men"

Thank me later...

10. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

That's the only reason I watch it. She's fwine. It would be the best show ever if they showed a little bit more skin from her. Caruso has the cheesiest lines right before he puts on those famous sunglasses.
    Bienvenido a Miami!

11. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

From a user comment on IMDB on "Breast Men" -- No wonder Mizzou recommends it as a guy flick. ;)

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

If by some chance you're interested in seeing Ms. Procter topless and 10 years younger, yeah, you might want to check out "Breast Men." I remember it as being a pretty decent flick, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted