1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Birthday, Birdscribe!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Mar 29, 2009.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The guy who got me hooked on Mob Wars.

I will get you back for that, some day. But not today.

Happy Birthday to one of the good guys.

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

A: A fine day!

Q: What is Birdscribe's birthday?

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Happy birthday my friend!

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Happy birthday to the first SJer to add me at Facebook! :D

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

And the last!

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

"Today's Final Jeopardy category is: 'People You're Glad You Met -- Even If It's Online.' You have 30 seconds. Good luck."

"These folks took time out of their busy/semi-busy/not-doing-anything-of-importance-at-that-moment lives to wish sincere birthday greetings to someone many of them know only by words on a screen. A few of them even took time to post awesome pictures or pen clever lyrics. And every post made this person's day."

Like my "Jean Harlow" Final Jeopardy answer on Day 2 of my real two-day Jeopardy stint, I've got this one...

"Who Are A Group of Class Acts?"

"Correct....How much did you win?"

Well, I won plenty. Seriously, a big THANK YOU for the kind and thoughtful wishes. Amid all the bizarre, amid all the vitriol, amid all the what-the-hell-is-THAT-doing-here? threads, I come back here because in this sandbox, there are smart, funny, insightful people who park their inherent cynicism long enough to look out for and care about strangers.

Strangers who don't remain strangers for long.

Thanks again, everyone. :D :)

Draft saved Draft deleted