1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy birthday Big Buckin' Agate Monkey!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Oct 6, 2008.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Hope you have a wonderful day BBAM.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Keep buckin', chief.

3. Happy birthday BBAM. Hope you had a great day.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I thought this might be soccer related. It's not, but it's just as good.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Those were cool commercials, but BK Chicken Fries were all fail.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

I can't disagree.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Happy Belated Birthday BBAM!
    Hope it was a good one

8. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Happy Birthday my lifelong arch enemy!

I googled Grimace and Burger King and I got this:

[​IMG]

Grimace Declares Free Agency, Signs With BK

MIAMI, Fla. (CAP) - Long-time McDonald's restaurant icon and Ronald McDonald confidant Grimace, who sent shockwaves through the food services industry when he declared his free agency from the fast food giant, has signed a long-term deal with rival Burger King. The exact terms of that deal were not disclosed.

"This was a business decision and does not reflect on Ronald or anyone in the McDonald's family," said Grimace's agent, Scott Boras. "The demand for a guy who can do what Grimace does is pretty clear in today's marketplace, and Grimace knows that."

Grimace and Burger King came to an agreement shortly before both sides boarded a private jet out of Chicago, Ill. bound for Burger King's corporate headquarters in Miami, where the rotund mascot underwent a physical shortly after landing. He is expected to step into his official role for BK within a couple of weeks.

"We have long admired Grimace's abilities and believe he will be a great fit with the Burger King organization," said CEO John Chidsey in a statement. "We may not know what he is, but we know what he does - bring in the customers."

Other fast food restaurants had also made efforts to land Grimace, with both Wendy's and KFC reporting that they were on the short list, but just couldn't finalize a deal for the purple plaything. Business analysts agree that signing Grimace is just the boost any restaurant needs to battle McDonald's.

"It's long been held that nobody can catch McDonald's in the fast food race," said Laura Dice of Goldman Sachs. "But losing something like Grimace to your arch rival - that's a huge blow and the best chance yet for BK to overtake McD's."

Officials for McDonald's said they anticipated they might not be able to re-sign Grimace and have actually begun the search for his replacement. According to the company, the list of qualified candidates has been narrowed down to Kool-Aid Man, the Taco Bell Chihuahua, and the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games mascot Izzy.

Shares of Burger King were up 18% in early trading today, while shares of McDonald's were only off slightly as investors wait for official reaction from the McDonald's corporation.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

We welcome you to the BK Family.

You'll quickly find the "BK Experience" is unlike any other organization with which you've been associated. We truly believe you are the final piece of the puzzle in making BK an organization of national distinction.

I hope our spats in from the past -- specifically those in which I called you a 'purple fatass' -- can be left in the past as we move forward in this exciting time for the BK Family.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I seriously doubt that you'll ever get Mayor McCheese to declare a Burger King Day anytime soon.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Burger King blows.

Draft saved Draft deleted