1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Birthday Arnold

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jul 30, 2006.

1. Commando has to make the list, simply because of all the good lines:

Matrix: Hey Sully, remember when I said I was going to kill you last?
    Sully (dangling over a cliff): Yeah, you did say that!
    Matrix: I lied.
    Sally drops to his death. Seconds later...

Cindy: What happened to Sully?
    Matrix: I let him go.

Early in the movie, Arnold kills the black bad guy with no lines in the movie.  He then covers him with a blanket and tells the flight attendant, "Please don't bother my friend. He's dead tired."

At the end of the movie, Arnold throws a pipe throw the chest of Bennett (the immortal Vernon Wells), killing him.
    Matrix: Blow off some steam. (as steam comes through the chest of the late Bennett)

Arnold threw an "I'll be back" in there, and there's a reference to Boy George in the first 90 seconds, where Arnold simultaneously establishes that he's a good father (by playing with the extremely underage Alyssa Milano in a pool and letting her mash ice cream in his face) and explains his thick accent ("When I was growing up in East Germany.")  Oscar material all the way.

My top Arnold 5, in a particular order:

1) Commando
    2) Total Recall (Sharon Stone never looked better)
    3) Terminator 2: Judgment Day (the liquid metal evil cyborg pushes it ahead of the first)
    4) The Terminator (still holds up well, despite the bargain-basement effects)
    5) Conan the Destroyer (Arnold fights Wilt. You can't make this sort of casting up.)

With apologies to Red Sonja (which is really more a Brigitte Nielsen vehicle) and Red Heat (a buddy cop movie with Jim Belushi? Really?), Arnold's worst movie is Hercules in New York, where his voice was dubbed over and he was billed as "Arnold Strong."

2. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Screw all that Terminator3 was the best movie he made, how about The 6th day that was good to.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I guess the argument is that he does only have five lines. I'll have to go back to the shop for my list, but it's sure to have True Lies at the top.

4. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

"I'll make you Jingle All the Vay!!!!!"

Draft saved Draft deleted