1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

You sure about that?

2. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

But the Repubs will spin this as a sign of McCain's folksiness and his ability to relate to the common American, and how the Dems' ability to get those basics right is a sign of their snobby elitism.

Oh wait.....

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dead. To. Me.

Happy now? :D

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And according to McCain, we have 95 more years to go in Iraq.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

CBC's the Fifth Estate has done numerous docs on the war in Iraq. I just watched this one, "The Lies that Led to War" and it's about as good a summation of how the Bush admin deceived the American people, Congress, and the world

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/lies/index.html

The most compelling interview is with Robert Wilson who said--quite matter of factly--that the person who divulged his wife's identity as a CIA operative was treasonous.

You can watch the doc online

6. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

Five years ago I was a sophomore in college, and I was taking my R.A. out on a date (co-ed floors, before you all beat me to it). We had been friends for a long time, and my friends finally pushed us to date each other. We rode the campus bus to the movie theatre and saw Chicago.

On the ride back, the radio was on in the bus and they were detailing how we had invaded Iraq. We looked at each other, and she said something to the effect of "We'll always remember where we were when this happened." So true, as I think of her every anniversary of this stupid war.

Just felt like sharing. Funny what pops in your head.

7. Are you joking?
    There's a crazy black preacher to talk about.
    And, of course, this story to run down.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4482242&page=1

8. Something tells me five years ain't nothing to AQ, Zeke.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It'd be nice if AQ was there before we were.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Thanks, FH.

It's been five years, but I hadn't forgotten that, either.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

And OBL and cohorts have as much to do with Iraq as the price of twinkies at the local 7-11 does. It's all propoganda for them and not much else really.

12. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Maybe Karl Rove is already working his magic to make everyone believe McCain isn't as smart as we all think he is - kinda like W.
    It worked twice before?

Draft saved Draft deleted