1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Mar 19, 2008.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Five fucking years.

Jeebus.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Mission accomplished

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Here's to five more years of accomplishing missions in the Middle East!

4. Flash

Flash Guest

We're up to 81.

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5ijujME_LOuvDSxkaNKtHvBP181PQ

5. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

Hail to the Chimp should be imprisoned for war crimes. Miserable bastard. The only ones celebrating this day is the defense industries and oil companies, among the few that have seen their financial fortunes blossom in these five years.

I support our troops, but will burn in hell wearing a New York Giants jersey before I support this pathetic excuse of a man that passes as our commander in chief.

6. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

beyond the immediate loss of life i can't help think of the indirect loss of life

the billions and billions of dollars we've wasted over there while hospitals over here close, our aging and sick are unable to get the medical care they need, our highways and bridges and infrastructure crumble, schools can't get the books and supplies they need, libraries are mothballed or have their hours cut and human services are slashed all over the place

bush has not only smirked his way through a murderous eight years but has done it at the expense of the middle americans who voted him in

why search the mountains of afghanistan for terrorists when there's one living right in Washington, DC

7. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

A McCain Gaffe in Jordan

He made this claim three times in two separate settings, so he didn't "misspeak."

Frankly, I'm surprised this isn't getting more discussion here.

This is Gerald Ford saying that there is no Soviet domination of Eastern Europe. This is a dick-swinging, war-mongering candidate for president who evidently has no idea who we are fighting. If this is the guy who will be answering the phone at 3 a.m., I won't be sleeping well.

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

A Washington Post-ABC News poll showed nearly two-thirds of Americans believe the war was not worth waging.

Told about the poll in an interview on ABC's "Good Morning America," Vice President Dick Cheney, in Oman after a visit to Iraq, said: "So?" He added: "I think we cannot be blown off course by the fluctuations of the public opinion polls."

9. EE94

EE94 Guest

it is the victorious that write the history books

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I bet if all of us got a piece of cake, we'd get over our frustrations and stop making such a fuss.

At least that's what Marie Antoinette told me.

11. lono

lono Active Member

But the surge is working!

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Over the breast of the spring, the land, amid cities,
    Amid lanes, and through old woods, (where lately the violets peep’d from the ground, spotting the gray debris;)
    Amid the grass in the fields each side of the lanes—passing the endless grass;
    Passing the yellow-spear’d wheat, every grain from its shroud in the dark-brown fields uprising;
    Passing the apple-tree blows of white and pink in the orchards;
    Carrying a corpse to where it shall rest in the grave,
    Night and day journeys a coffin.

Coffin that passes through lanes and streets,
    Through day and night, with the great cloud darkening the land,
    With the pomp of the inloop’d flags, with the cities draped in black,
    With the show of the States themselves, as of crape-veil’d women, standing,
    With processions long and winding, and the flambeaus of the night,
    With the countless torches lit—with the silent sea of faces, and the unbared heads,
    With the waiting depot, the arriving coffin, and the sombre faces,
    With dirges through the night, with the thousand voices rising strong and solemn;
    With all the mournful voices of the dirges, pour’d around the coffin,
    The dim-lit churches and the shuddering organs—Where amid these you journey,
    With the tolling, tolling bells’ perpetual clang;
    Here! coffin that slowly passes,
    I give you my sprig of lilac.

(Nor for you, for one, alone;
    Blossoms and branches green to coffins all I bring:
    For fresh as the morning—thus would I carol a song for you, O sane and sacred death.

All over bouquets of roses,
    O death! I cover you over with roses and early lilies;
    But mostly and now the lilac that blooms the first,
    Copious, I break, I break the sprigs from the bushes;
    With loaded arms I come, pouring for you,
    For you, and the coffins all of you, O death.)

Draft saved Draft deleted