1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy anniversary, Quentin Tarantino

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Nov 20, 2012.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Mirimax releases Tarantino's 20th anniversary Blu Ray box set today, in honor of the 1992 release of Reservoir Dogs:

The set has five hours worth of bonus material, and all of his films.

Creosote's Tarantino Films Power Rankings:
    1. Pulp Fiction
    2. Inglourious Basterds
    3. True Romance
    4. Reservoir Dogs
    5. Kill Bill Vol. 1
    6. Death Proof
    7. Kill Bill Vol. 2
    8. Jackie Brown
  2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This is why you can't have power rankings.
  3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Active Member

I never heard of Death Proof until this summer when my Brother in law popped it in, good flick.
  4. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Active Member

Just in time for Christmas. I think I might have to drop a hint to the old wife, since I don't have any of those on Blu-Ray yet.
  5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

See Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction back on the big screen, first week of December.

I can go to Reservoir Dogs, but not PF. Too bad ... it's great on the big screen.
  6. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Active Member

I'd love to see Reservoir Dogs on the big screen. I saw PF when I was in college, and it was pretty spectacular.

Funny thing is I saw PF before I saw Reservoir Dogs. After I saw PF, I was talking to a friend about how awesome it was, and he was a huge Tarantino fan and he turned me on to Reservoir Dogs. It's still my favorite Tarantino flick.

YGBFKM Guest

Kill Bill Vol. 1 is terrible.
  8. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Active Member

I would rate Jackie Brown ahead of both Kill Bill movies, but that's me. I thought Jackie Brown was awesome. Obviously MC disagrees.

YGBFKM Guest

I liked Vol. 2, but Vol. 1 seemed like it lasted a week and a half.
  10. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

I'm the other way. I thought Vol. 1 had depth. I thought Vol. 2 was rushed.
  11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I preferred Vol. 1 but love them both. I have watched both in one sitting at least 10 times. As a single entity, they would top Reservoir Dogs for second on my Tarantino power rankings.
  12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Same. I love Jackie Brown. Used to be on TV all the time. Not so much anymore for whatever reason.
Draft saved Draft deleted