1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Anniversary Jim Rome gets sacked

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Apr 6, 2020.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

jr/shotglass likes this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Best thing that ever happened to him.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Worked out well for Rome, Everett? Haven't heard of him much since. Seriously, I would have thought at one point they would have smoked the peace pipe or whatever - I don't even know if it was that much of a feud, but I'm guessing Everett doesn't want to give Rome any more pub. Would have been a great get for Rome's various subsequent talk shows. Heck, CBS should bring Everett on its pre-game show just for the ratings spike.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That's when ESPN2 was cool.
    The deuce.
    I wish Everett would have ended his ass right then and there.
    Have never liked Rome.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Last season Everett did a local L.A. "experts" show for one of the TV stations on Sunday after the Rams games. I think he was with Jackie Slater and Vince Ferragamo.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

https://barrettsportsmedia.com/2024...rts-network-show-will-soon-be-seen-live-on-x/

The Rome show - when I hear it - has really been missing something for a few years. Name guests? Sure. Good callers? Its always been a problem. Don't know if he's lost interest and is more interested in other things - but it really has backslid. Unclear if his association with CBS is over completely on the radio side as well.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Rome defined sleazy snark.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He came of age in the "Sports with an attitude!" era of broadcasting (Ferrall On the Bench, JT the Brick, etc.) that made me go "WTF is this?" when I first heard it.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

His show follows a local sports show in Microville. The second that Iggy Pop music starts, I turn off the radio. I can't stand Jim Rome; obviously other's mileage may vary.

Draft saved Draft deleted