1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Anniversary, Fredo. Got you on my miiiiiinnd

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, May 1, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

My tax dollars did not pay to get John Edwards' hair cut.

By the way, a helicopter would've done just as good of a job for a lot less money.

Lest we need a reminder:

[​IMG]

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

We have these up here on a regular basis. We called them "Royal Commissions'. For some reason, even as a teenager, I took perverse pleasure in following them.

Last one was the Romanow Report on "The Future of Health Care".

What's sthe parallel down there, guys?

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Yes, but if Olmert really was interested in putting together an influential report, he could've gone to the Israeli Supreme Court. Of course, its findings could've sent his government packing.

4. When we had genuine congressional oversight and respect for self-government, the equivalent would be a Select Commitee of the Senate -- Truman on WWII profiteering, Fulbright on Vietnam, Ervin on Watergate -- but we don't do that much any more.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ervin on Watergate was the best damn TV in the last 30 odd years.

6. From the liberal NYT, May 2, day after the flightsuit stunt:

"By Michael R. Gordon and Eric Schmitt
    BAGHDAD, May 2 -- The Bush administration is planning to withdraw most United States combat forces from Iraq over the next several months and wants to shrink the American military presence to less than two divisions by the fall, senior allied officials said today."

This is, quite frankly, a lie.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You know, I clicked on this thread wondering how many posts it would be before this appeared......

8. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Wow... that's eerie to watch that again from the fact Peter Jennings has since passed, Bob Woodruff was severely injured in Iraq and Bush... well, he continues to be a raging moron and embarrassing to anyone calling themselves an American.

9. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

A Browns fan would certainly be an expert on being embarrassed.

10. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

SHA-ZAAMMMM

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Matthews was disgusting, that week.

That jingoist blood do get stirred up, easy.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

This was predictable.

Draft saved Draft deleted