1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy 6th Birthday SJ

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Oct 10, 2008.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Every year Webby tells me I have the date wrong, but Oct 9 was the first day this version of SJ was open for business, with Captain Kirk as the first member.

So happy birthday to SJ, yesterday.

Imagine what we all might have accomplished in the world had it not been for this place. 8)

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

are we supposed to give anything? I could run out to the store real quick before work...

3. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

My memory fades with age. The original ideation was 2001? I remember it getting nuked at least twice.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I believe the thongs are the traditional gift for the sixth anniversary, correct?

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Can we get 21 to model said thong?

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I autographed the entire inventory for the first anniversary. This year we are giving away Moddy masks.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

When did the sportspages board get shut down? I can't remember when exactly it was, I just remember it was pretty funny to watch Rich Johnson completely overreact. I remember posting about 9/11 on one of the boards. I can't remember if it was this one or the other one.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

9/11 was during the sportspages regime, I think...I sort of recall Rich posting that the server was in one of the WTC buildings, and would probably go dark at some point.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Those Moddy masks ain't cheap but they're worth every penny. The autograph is free.
    Happy Birthday everyone. Thanks for making my life a livi *** so wonderful for the past six years!

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

We love you too, Moddy.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

By the 12th anniversary this site will be called

http://www.formersportsjournalists.com

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I got my Moddy mask.

[​IMG]

(Please don't hurt me, oh powerful uberboss of SportsJournalists.com)

Draft saved Draft deleted