1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy 66th birthday, David Bowie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bob Cook, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

He celebrates by releasing his first single in 10 years.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

David Bowie was my best celebrity sighting. When I lived in Manhattan, I had to go to work very early one weekend morning for a meeting. I'm walking to work and on a side street near Central Park, a big limo pulls up in front of a townhouse, the driver gets out and opens the door. Out comes David Bowie in a white suit looking like a million bucks. I assume he was coming home from somewhere -- it was some time before 8 a.m. -- but he looked great.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

One of the best song openings in rock:

4. godshammgod

godshammgod Member

Just listened to the single. I liked it. Video is really cool.

In fact, I'm now listening to Low. It was really one of the seminal albums I listened when I began getting into more "alternative" music. Bowie and Eno really opened doors for me to get into more electronic music too.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My favorite Bowie song:

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Went to an SNL season opener with my family. Jerry Seinfeld was the host. Was told Ricky Martin was going to be the musical guest. It was David Bowie. I was so disappointed.

7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Reminds me of this time I went to a festival where Nickleback was supposed to be the opener. Instead, the fucking Rolling Stones showed up. Fuck that shit.

8. Bowie was awesome in an episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I was practically a teenager and it was fucking Ricky Martin. Musical talent wasn't really a concern of mine at that point in my life.

10. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Just busting your balls, Care Bear. Though it is amusing to think of any girl gushing over a gay guy.

11. Eh, men get erect over hot lesbians. What's the difference?

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

David Bowie is the best solo artist in rock 'n roll history. Discuss ...

Draft saved Draft deleted