1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy 5th Birthday SJ!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It gives me a place to talk shop with a ton of different perspectives. I've made some pretty good friends, seen lots of fun and silly things too. It's also as good as any news site for keeping up on current events.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Interacted with some interesting people, found some friends here. Excellent place to come for a reminder of what's ailing the business I love, and what still makes it great.

Happy birthday.

[​IMG]

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I was a moderator here once.

Once.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I don't think I really have to explain what I've found here that's made my life so amazing, but in addition to my husband... this place has given me some amazing friendships, some great laughs and a few uncontrollable cringes. Thanks Webby for all you do.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And Longshanks and Hattori send their regards.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Your name would still look good in green.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I miss being able to change my name.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

This place is fun to plug into from time to time.
    To me, it's often a mirror of the cynicism and snobbery that can routinely be found in gameday pressboxes.
    But it's fun for the most part because I limit my visits, due to other obligations.
    There's a definite feel of meanness and ignorance here from time to time, but I think this often is a great place to catch breaking news as it happens.
    And I'm leading the SJ College Pick'Em game at the moment, so that's fine and dandy.

A sincere HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! Thanks for all the efforting, Webby & site marshals.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Would look better in Crimson ;)

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Tomorrow is the fifth anniversary of my registration which would probably make me one of the first Canucks on the board.

I'm not in the bidness but I work in sports and this place has provided me with many, many laughs, some great discussions on music (hi, BYH!), baseball, football, hockey and many other sports. This place has also turned me on to some fantastic books and CDs I would have never found otherwise as well as some tremendous articles.

I've been fortunate enough to get to know some of the people here and I like to think I did my bit for international relations by providing Hockey Hall of Fame passes for those interested parties at last year's Toronto outing.

To Webby, Moddy and all those who make this place the best board on the 'net, thanks!

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

When did the Hockey Hall of Fame move to Topronto?

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Hey, I said I wasn't in the bidness. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted