1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy 5th Birthday SJ!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Oct 9, 2007.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm not around as much as I used to be, but this is still a great place to visit.

Hardly a day goes by when someone at the office or in a press box doesn't tell me about something they saw here, so this place must be doing something right.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And you've made your mark as the father of the applauding theater crowd.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's been an amazing 5 year run. In that time I've met the love of my life in 21, some great folks that I would love to someday sit down and have a beer with and some folks who probably hate my guts more than anyone who knows me in real life.

I also think that my spelling and grammer have improved a bit in that time from all of your efforts in correcting my work.

Happy 5th indeed!

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Well, maybe the grammar.....

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

When Boom wants, his spelling and grammar are probably better than all of us but the copy editing savants. He plays dumb. Don't believe it for a second.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Wow, I forgot I registered on the first day. Five years? Wow. Except for the time this place almost got me fired, it's been lovely.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Do tell.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Without reopening the can of worms, basically I asked for advice on how to handle a coworker who I thought had mistreated me, included just enough detail that people at my place knew it was me, and got called on the carpet for bringing shame on the place (even though nobody outside the shop could ever have put it together).

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Interesting. Well, at least you didn't get fired.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Training keeps me away a good bit these days, but thanks to the new iPhone, I can enjoy an anytime. It's been a long, strange trip!

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Five years? Damn. I need to start posting here more often.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

To a place where I take and take and don't give - my undying thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted