1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy 5th Birthday SJ!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Oct 9, 2007.

1. He came for the quality and stayed for breakfast.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. I met some awesome people because of this site: Moddy, Mrs. Moddy, Hustle, Mrs. Hustle, SSW, others.

Got to know some people better because of the site. I'm talkin' to you, J_D.

I'm glad this place is here.

My initial registration date was 10/10/02, one day after IJAG. She told me about this place. :-*

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I lurked here for a long time before I actually joined, so I'm just about to celebrate my 4th anniversary. I love this place for so many reasons -- it's made me laugh, it's made me cry, it's made me mad, made me sad and been a great place to get away from my crazy life for a few minutes hours just about every day.

In the words of a woman on a music-related mailing list I'm on: I love all of us.

4. casty33

casty33 Active Member

And for the occasion, I say we all owe Webby a starnding O. I'd start it if I could stand up, but that's pretty difficult these days.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

This site gives me fewer viruses than lemonparty.org. For that, I thank you.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Happy Birthday, SJ.

I have met--online and in person--so many great people through this site. Spnited, Casty, Ashy Larry, BYH, IJAG, JR and HC; Sam Mills, PaperDoll, Sportchick, the rest of the NYC outing crew, FOTF, shotglass, Flash, and I am sure that I am forgetting people.

You've all been there in good times and bad. I think the site has helped me be a better journo and a better person.

So, I thank you all.

HB

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

To the Web site that invented the Heathers-Jack, Happy Birthday.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I originally registered on this day, but was purged during the Great Bandwagon Boy Massacre of 2003. Webby was kind enough to re-enroll me...which I'm sure he's regretted every day since.

Personally, this is also my fifth anniversary with Boom, which means I still vote democrat but just don't talk about it as much. And I write this in an airport having just said goodbye--yet again--so enough of that before I start crying--yet again.

Professionally, criminally, insanely, this site is a joy and a complete mystery to me...the most stunning collection of witty, clever, insightful, warm, nasty, rude, funny, stupid, neurotic, psychotic, hypnotic, brilliant people you could ever hope to hang with on the internet....or anywhere else.

And ps, please go read the ongoing neverending SJ Novel...it's really good. We may actually finish it by SJ's 10th birthday.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I love this place. That is all.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Then you should really spend more time here.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I have to go get coffee at sometimes. If Webby'd serve coffee, I'd never leave :D

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If you were ever bedridden, they'd give you sj intravenously.

Draft saved Draft deleted