1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy 55th birthday to ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, Aug 13, 2009.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

My father!

I got him a card and a Target gift card so he can pick out what he wants. I thought about getting him an iTunes gift card, but it took him forever to spend the last one of those I got him.

Hard to believe he's 55, but it's hard to believe I'm 36...

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

fuck. i'm just three years younger than your father?

fuck.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Do you mean his father is just 3 years older than you, or are you older than I thought?

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

That's what he wrote, but I don't think it's what he meant.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

fixed.

thanks, spnited and 21. you know me better than i know -- or write -- myself! :D ;) :eek:

6. lmcmillan33

lmcmillan33 Member

I see people say things about how hold their dad is and then I feel like mine is really old. My dad is 65 and I'm 27. I am married and without kids so far. Maybe my future children will think I'm really old too.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

When my dad's old enough to go in a nursing home, we might end up chasing each other around swinging walkers at each other. I'd need to adopt a kid to take care of both of us since we'll both be old.

Draft saved Draft deleted