1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy 4th of July!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jul 4, 2012.

1. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Oh, yeah, and I also find some time to hang out on SportsJournalists.com.

2. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I'm ignoring the extended family by watching the Twilight Zone marathon on Syfy and surfing on my Kindle Fire. Doesn't get much better than that.

Happy Independence Day!

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I spent much of the day watching the TZ marathon because it was too hot to go outside. I love that they run that on holidays.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

5. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Isn't is such a great show? I've seen the talking doll one a dozen times, and it still scares me each time I see it.

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Love that one! I caught part of it earlier. I'm watching "To Serve Man" now and I think "Next Stop, Willoughby" is on next. Two of my favorites.

7. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Hope everyone had a great 4th. I'm actually lucky enough to have tomorrow off as well, so I'm looking forward to sleeping in a little. Of course, for me, sleeping in is anything past about 5 a.m. LOL.

8. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I'm staying up for my favorite, "The Obsolete Man," coming up at 11:30.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I was planning to make myself that great American meal of fried eggs, bacon and toast, but one of my roommates was making fried (which turned into mushed) potatoes with sausage, applesauce and cinnamon rolls and she gave me some. Then I decided to do laundry. One load turned into four since I'd been putting it off, then I started cleaning my room until it finally became livable.

That process took me about six hours to complete, and it's still not 100 percent done, but it's about 90 percent there. All the laundry has been folded and put away, and that was about 50 percent of the mess.

I finally went to the fireworks display. I felt fortunate that there was one because many jurisdictions in Montgomery County, Md. canceled theirs. At least Prince George's County would get its fireworks display in College Park. The fireworks seemed much better this year than in recent years past. They almost seemed to have a defiant air to them, as if the city and the university were extending a giant middle finger to the storms that knocked out power for so many in my area.

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Went to a decent show one of the area cities puts on. Just wish the trashy element would refrain from using the F-word around my kids, especially when we're waiting in line for carnival rides. That, plus smoking in a no-smoking park.

One other thing, standing to video the fireworks on your cell phone is rude, especially when 95 percent if the crowd is sitting.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Ballgame by day, dinner at night with my son and our dogs. Great, great day. But driving home was an obstacle course. People were parked on the side of the Interstate and all over the exit/entrance ramps to see the various fireworks displays (I passed at least three). That can't be safe. We saw a bunch of fireworks in the car, that was good enough for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted