1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy 4th of July!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jul 4, 2012.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

USA! USA! USA!

Really was looking forward to watching A Capitol Fourth - figured The Beach Boys would be a natural since this is probably their last go round and they hosted festivities in DC for a few years. See Watt, James.

But Phillip Phillips will be there.

2. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

The ex-hubby and I used to own fireworks stands. Many of them.

The grown daughter asks me today, "Mom, will you go buy me some fireworks? I can't get them in Austin. And I'm working too much to drive out to buy some. Get them and save them for me."

My response? "Oh, HELL, no. I know what they cost to the owner. No way am I paying full price now. Call your dad. Have him buy them for you."

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

The Fourth is the deadliest day on the road, even more so than New Years Eve. Heard the story from AAA this week.

6. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Happy 4th of July to all my American friends out there.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

To all my American friends, have a safe and fun Independence Day!

8. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

OK, now you can go drink High Life in the sun. Wear sunscreen.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

As the only person in my department working today, I'm not going to lie and say I'm not trying to knock this shit out early. Then I will sleep and try to fight the urge to buy a grill just to cook some hot dogs on the 4th.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Also, don't burn the ground.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Zeke, why do you hate the Crown?

12. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Enjoy the hot dogs everybody.

oh, and freedom. go ahead and enjoy that too.

Draft saved Draft deleted