1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy 4th Birthday SJ.Com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

And a look at the archives show Dooley had 150 posts before Webby could get the domain registered ;D ;D.

Happy birthday. Truly a great group of people to hang out with.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Awww, come on Moddy. You're being too modest (I can't believe you threw this setup out there).
    There are no other assholes like you ;)

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

YU R RITE YU R CHARMION OF TH WURLD

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I posted very little my first two years here, but eventually -- like seemingly everyone else -- got hooked it. I blame soccer. :D

Happy Birthday to an awesome site. And even cooler group of folks who have no life whatsoever that make this place non-stop fun.

5. I are the charmion, my friends....

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And you'll keep fighting until the end, or the first Wednesday in Nov., 2008 -- whichever comes first

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

When Boom tried to run me off the board I knew I'd found a home. I'm richer for the experience, and the people I've met here.

8. Given what's going on in North Korea, I sincerely hope that The End doesn't come before November 8, 2008, slap.
    Otherwise, I might meet Five People in heaven that I didn't want to see.
    Luckily, they'll be wearing MSU gear so I can spot them and run away.

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Oh c'mon Dog, you know you love this place just as much as everyone else.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Funny, I remember what I was doing on Oct. 9, 2002. I'd just gotten done writing a big honking high school district preview and was driving home when my truck overheated and I had to stop and call someone in the middle of the night in BFE. Turned out my head gasket was blown. The next day I bought a SUV.

Of course, SportsJournalists.com was another 2 years away from discovery by me.

11. patchs

patchs Active Member

I don't spend as much time here as I used to but SportsJournalists.com still means a lot to me.
    I've met some very cool people, some in the flesh, some on the phone and some online.
    That's what makes for a great board.
    Thanks Webby, Moddy, Ides for doing such a great job.
    It is appreciated!

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I signed on the morning of Oct. 10 (happy anniversary to me!) after a heads-up from the immortal StanBCarlisle that the board had returned.

I've met some great people through the board (some in person, some only via PM or email), had plenty of laughs and found some great music and books. Time well wasted in my opinion!

Draft saved Draft deleted