1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy 4th Birthday SJ.Com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Four, huh? Have we stopped pissing our pants yet?

Seriously, happy birthday SJ. In my two-plus years here, this site has been a a catch-all place to express my opinion, a shoulder to cry on, a place to dispense advice, a place to fight, a place to come to on those lonely nights on the road, a forum for my insanity, and best of all, a place to make friends ... and, er ... enemies too.

Thanks Webby.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Me llamo es Brady Anderson.

3. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Several of us (unknowingly) celebrated together at a Wilco concert.

4. KP

KP Active Member

In just over a year on here I've learned a lot, laughed my ass off and killed a lot of brain cells. Happy b-day. Celebrate the origional date in a couple weeks.

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Wow, four years already. I was actually one of those Anon guys posting on the old Sportspages.com board even before that, and I never dreamed the evolution of that board would still be something that's a part of my daily routine five years later.

Thanks to all of you. It's been a blast, as I'm sure it will continue to be.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Is Rich Johnson going to get webby anything?

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Thank you, thank you very much.

Oh, wait, you said Anon, not Angola, wow, um nevermind. I am just happy they let me be a member.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Um, you sure you don't have me confused with Fenian_Bastard? He's the much better-looking chap in the corner singing "Give Peace A Chance."

And this is a cool topic. I finally registered and came over on November 14, so I still have a month till my four-year anniversary. I lurked for more than two and a half years, posting infrequently and using a screen name I decided was too boring. That led to Ragu. Still have no idea why. I dipped my tow in the water slowly when I did start to post and then got totally hooked. I enjoy so many of the people on the board. Hope others feel I add something, too.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I used to drive a toe truck and now I do this.
    Best part of the board? Meeting other assholes like me!
    Thanks for a great four years. It has truly been interesting. And fun.

10. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

The other board was shut down for less than this.

11. Ragu --
    Actually, I think the "I blame Bush" bit is a double entendre.
    And I'm singing "Money (That's What I Want).," a much superior Lennon tune.

12. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Wow, I remember my first posts almost two years ago and under a different name. Boy, what a time I have had watching this place grow and meeting some of the other members of the board along the way. Someday I hope to hit an outing and get to know more of you, but until then I remain Your Humble Servant. Happy Birthday SJ!

Draft saved Draft deleted