1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy 420 Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Apr 20, 2010.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/for-pot-smokers-420-day-is-high-time-to-celebrate/19447403

The first three graphs of the article...

2. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Millions of people forget this holiday every year.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

More chips, salsa and guacamole consumed than on Super Bowl Sunday.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I saw the news story and then was shocked when nobody had posted about here.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Inky Wretch puts presents under the bong on 4/20

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I think adults who smoke marijuana on anything more than an extremely rare occasion are losers.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There hasn't been a Fox Sports Radio host who hasn't mentioned it all day. But I guess hack radio hosts have to invent bogus "holidays" in order to produce shows these days, since, you know, there aren't any sports going on at all right now, or drafts in the coming days....
    The Fox guys are the worst because everything and everyone sucks or is the best ever, so it doesn't really take a lot of time to dispose of a topic.

8. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

Based on...? Are you a loser if you have a beer or glass of wine every day?

9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

... because most employers frown on its use. It's illegal, and if they don't fire you the first time you get busted, they'll make you go thru rehab, and they WILL fire you the second time you're caught. Unless you're independently wealthy or just don't give a fuck, don't light up.

10. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Total fucking bullshit.

I know guys who have steady gigs, who are upstanding people with families who smoke weed and lead a very normal life.

One of my best friends is a teacher his way of relaxing is home is to smoke. He has never been arrested, he has a son who loves him, he isn't married now but that's cause his ex is a total shrew. He has a nice home, money in the bank and is not a loser. He also isn't the only person I know who smokes regularly and leads a very normal life.

Besides that, alcohol is way more damaging than weed.

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Rehab? For weed? Bob Saget scoffs at you.

(the clip is a terrible remix, but the best I could find)

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

If you celebrate this day or consider it a holiday, lol at your life.

Draft saved Draft deleted