1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy 40th birthday, Kirk Cameron

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Oct 12, 2010.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Having religious convictions="batshit crazy"

Only on SportsJournalists.comworld

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

No, THIS is batshit crazy.

Not knowing that bananas are domesticated and look nothing like the Chiquita you buy at Kroger and putting it on television to "disprove" evolution is batshit crazy.

Making a movie like "Left Behind" to scare people, including children, into thinking the end of the world is nigh, is batshit crazy. I grew up in the church, with the fear of the world ending at any moment as a kid. It's psychologically damaging, and Cameron was part of that movement.

I have no issues with people of faith. I do have issues with people without any theological training and the scientific knowledge of a three-year old teaching fellow Christians about science and the end of the world in misleading, borderline dangerous ways.

I have problems with Cameron as a mere teenager dictating to an entire television cast how they should live their lives and getting away with it because he was a star.

Kirk Cameron isn't batshit crazy because he's a Christian. He's just batshit crazy.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Of course, what would hondo say if Cameron's religious convictions were Muslim in nature? LOL to exposed hondo. Awwww poor widdle hondo, always persecuted!!!!!

The Khartoum post is the best in the history of this joint.

4. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Holy shit that banana thing is nuts.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

YOU GUYS LEAVE KIRK ALONE HE'S RELIGIOUS AND RELIGION IS OK AS LONG AS IT'S THE ONE HONDO BELIEVES IN!!!!

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Nope, B.J. sang it throughout the run of the series. He did it solo one year, I think in the first season, and the rest of the time it was a duet with either Jennifer Warnes or Dusty Springfield.

Fun trivia with which you can amaze your friends - the song was co-written by Steve Dorff, father of Stephen Dorff and composer of numerous country hits and other TV themes since the 1970s.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It was a joke.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

It doesn't scare people who believe. The stuff in Left Behind is in the book of Revelations.
    And if you don't believe, what's it to you? I mean people who are agnostic or atheist wouldn't give two thoughts to myths of the Vikings, Romans, Greeks of the Hopi Indians. Why get bent out of shape if you don't believe in Christianity? Seems to me it's no skin off your nose.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I hated the final version of the song, when they had a chorus sing it. Sounded so cheesy.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Sorry.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Ah, I get it. At first I was totally confused because B.J. Thomas is right up Kirk's alley as he's singing a lot of Gospel or Christian music now.

Draft saved Draft deleted