1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy 35th, Blazing Saddles

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micke77, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Please, baby, I am not from Havanna.

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

"Hey, boys, lookie what I got here."
    "Where are the white women at?"

(Can't believe it took this long)

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Rhett, I told you to wash your hands after the weekly cross burning.

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Old Lady apologizing to the sheriff, bakes him a pie. She goes off then comes back and says "I hope you'll have the common decency not to tell anyone I spoke with you."

Land snatch.....Its gotta be in here somewhere....AHA! Land, see snatch.

Sign outside howard johnson's inn Ice cream 1 flavor.

Break times over boys...Quit lyin around and gettin a tan....Ain't gonna do you no good anyway.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

"Not in the face!"
    Dom de Luise then hit in nuts.
    "Thank you," in strangled voice.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

pound for pound, probably my favorite movie of all time.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

A script with white guys calling black people (the N word) for laughs? I dunno, I'm not sure that part would make it in now.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OK, not to pull a hockeybeat here, but I've never seen this. If I set my Tivo for the showing on AMC, will it be worth it? Or will it be edited to shit and I should just add it on Netflix?

9. John

John Well-Known Member

Go Netflix. Way too many edits, including the fart scene.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Fair enough. Thanks!

11. micke77

micke77 Member

imjustgirl.....i know there's been times that, I believe, TNT or another network showed Blazing Saddles and they bleeped all of the crude stuff out...talk about punching the hole in the proverbial balloon, but that did. you have to have BS in all of its, well, "blazing" laid back, crude, vulgar, don't give a shit style to truly enjoy it.
    and you have to go into this movie hell bent to expect crudeness. All Prudes: check your Gloria Vanderbilt etiquette at the front door. The View talking heads would probably have a week-long gab fest about how "demeaning" this movie is to all cultures, all people, etc. Which I think the vast majority of us on SportsJournalists.com who appreciate this movie would say, "what the fuck, you don't appreciate real art?" ;D

12. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Yeah, you need to have the fart scene and racial epithets to get the true sense of the thing.

Also: "Kansas City faggots."

Draft saved Draft deleted