1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy 35th Birthday, Jaws...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jun 25, 2010.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

OK, I'll let you get back to your first love — cleaning.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

GET A FUCKING ROOM!!!!!

Oh wait you did.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Orca The Killer Whale sends a hearty fuck you to Jaws.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Was Jaws III in 3D or am I thinking of another shitty rip-off of the original?

5. Bubbler

Oh yes. Jaws 3D was its original title, I think.

Masterful cinema that was.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I loved Jaws, loved, loved, loved it. One of my favorite scenes was the girl spotting the shark in the pond. Not for anything in particular, I just always wanted her jeans. I thought they were the coolest every. Apparently, they're coming back into style too. Ralph Lauren is selling a pair like it for $600.

Anyway, I liked the second one too. It wasn't deep or politcal, but a great action flick nonetheless.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm ashamed to admit I paid to watch that in a theater.

In my defense I was in college so I was probably drunk when I decided to go see it.

8. Bubbler

I've read a million Wikipedia entries on movies, but this might be my favorite graph of all of them.

"The film contains many scenes that are considered implausible, such as the shark swimming from a New York island to the Bahamas (approx. 2000 km), in less than three days, and following Michael through an underwater labyrinth, as well as the fact that it was seeking revenge. The Independent says that 'the film was riddled with inconsistencies [and] errors (sharks cannot float or roar like lions' (though it should be noted that the shark in the both sequels also, unbelievably, roared). The special effects were criticized, especially some frames of the shark being speared by the boat's prow. Also, the mechanisms propelling the shark can be seen in some shots."

[​IMG]

This Time It's Personal indeed.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That's Awesome!

10. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/22479-jaws-3d

Jaws 3D, as remembered by the Nostalgia Critic.

11. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

One of my favorite scenes was Quint's monologue about being on the USS Indianapolis. One of the most engrossing, edge-of-your seat scenes I've ever seen in a movie.

The poor schmuck survived all that just to get eaten by a shark, anyway. ::)

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Jaws doesn't even compete with the best shark movie ever — "Shark Attack 3."

(NSFW)

Draft saved Draft deleted