1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy 25th birthday, New Coke!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The next diet America soda I drink will be my first.

Start lubin'.

2. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

Zaxby's has Coke Zero. It's Diet Coke for dudes. Never understood why they changed the flavor of Coca-Cola when they made Diet Coke. Diet Coke tastes like the taste you'd get when licked 9-volt batteries to see if they were still working. It stings the taste buds. Coke Zero also mixes well with Bacardi or JD.

I remember New Coke and how sickly sweet it was. I think it tasted even sweeter than Pepsi. I still think that conspiracy theory about them pulling it to boost sales and camoflauge the inclusion of high-fructose corn syrup rather than cane sugar is a strong possibility.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to Pepsi Free anyways?

4. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

You've got to pay for that, buddy! Obscure Back to the Future reference.

5. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Can I have a Tab?

You want a tab, you gotta order somethin'.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Just gimme something without any sugar.

7. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Repackaged as Caffeine-free Pepsi.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Is it? I've never had either one - the latter because I don't do diet pop, the former just because. What is the difference, other than the name, if any?

9. Petrie

Petrie Guest

More than there should be, actually. Coke Zero tastes like Coke. Diet Coke doesn't even try.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Bu-BAM. We just checked out the "new" grocery store in town. Zero in this 16.9 ounce plastic bottles - four sixes for 10 bones.
    I love Coke Zero.

11. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

A good friend of mine is a loyal Tab drinker. You can buy it almost anywhere, but it's not advertised at all. Apparently there's kind of Tab cult following out there.

12. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

I actually preferred the New Coke -- probably because I was a Pepsi guy as a kid anyway.

I love Coke Zero. It's been so long since I drank non-diet pop that I probably wouldnt' be able to tell the difference anyway, but it's miles better than Diet Coke.

Boston Market has Coke Zero on their tap lines.

Draft saved Draft deleted