1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hansbrough still lovin' the college life

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Apr 25, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Staying for his senior year.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080425/ap_on_sp_co_ne/bkc_ncarolina_underclassmen_2

IJAG has no idea why she just kicked her purse out a window.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

He might regret it if he loses Lawson and Ellington.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

93Devil's hero.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Good for him. And given all the underclassmen coming out this year, he's probably better off waiting a year.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No surprise. He seems to enjoy playing in Chapel Hill. Given that his father is an orthopaedic surgeon, he's not needing a quick financial fix.

As for Lawson, Chapel Hill proved it can live without him. Wayne Ellington is one-dimensional - a superb shooter - and offers little else.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

He's going to break many, many UNC and ACC career records.

I don't see any good basketball reason for Ellington to turn pro and figure he'll pull his name. I'd say Lawson's chances of pulling his name are 50/50.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

We'll see about Lawson, ondeadline. He could easily go, but staying another year could help him, particularly if he can stay injury-free.

I think Ellington has a problem with not being the headline player, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that motivates him to go to the NBA.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Poin, of all these kids that just declared early, one of them will be knocked out of the top-10.

Would it have been so bad if Eric Gordon for example stayed in school one more season? Then instead of being the 11th pick overall, he could have been the second or third the following year?

I know so many of these kids are rushing for their first paycheck and their first free agency, but if they flame out after 3-4 years, what will they do for the rest of their lives?

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

If they're smart, live off the interest their first contract or two is making them in the bank.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

True. Some are, like Kyle Korver who I think just lives off of his per diem, or Keyshawn Johnson who has made more from real estate than he did as a pro.

Or there are the Kenny Andersons who had a $100,000 per year auto insurance bill, 10 years ago. Am I remembering that correctly?

11. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Member

somebody may want to suggest that ellington call joe forte and ask him how this decision works out.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Wayne Ellington could throw a Big Gulp cup full of sulphuric acid in the face of a Make-a-Wish kitten and still not warrant an even-up comparison to Joe Forte.

Draft saved Draft deleted