1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hanover (Pa.) Evening Sun goes to 3-a-week

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jr/shotglass, May 15, 2013.

1. mrubin6

mrubin6 New Member

I slightly disagree Zaghose. I think this might show the fact that there is a demographic change happening in the area. Yes it is a smaller town that has always had the feel of being old school, but lately, the trend of growing population in the town is mostly from people in the Baltimore area. People who move up there for cheaper house.

I would say the median age of Hanover has become significantly lower over the last seven years. The reality is the majority of people in the town who are under 40 do not regularly buy the newspaper, they read the news online, if at all.

2. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

Here's hoping management took the time to make sure there's enough onliners compared to if at allers.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Hanover to Baltimore isn't an easy commute. Back roads to 83, or local roads to 15 to get you to Fredneck and D.C. I'm not envious of anyone who makes that commute semi-regularly.

Draft saved Draft deleted