1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Hannitize the Vote"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

WHo cares what Hannity, Limbaugh, Sarandon, Oprah or any other talking head has to say about a candidate? I am educated enough and follow this crap enough to know what I want in a candidate. And Hannity should realize that McCain is right-wing. He may disagree with him on a couple of issues, but I guess those are ones that the Hannity crowd gets in a snit over.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That's the thing, McCain is a Republican that stuck his neck out to support The President on the surge when others were bailing.

Hannity wants Romney -- fine but why split the party to try and manipulate the primary.

3. Go get 'em, Boom, my brother.
    I have nothing to add to this thread except to say that I hope Hannity, Limbaugh, Ingraham, Coulter, Dobson, and everyone who's read their books or listens to them on the radio stick by their conservative principles and keep trashing John McCain from now until election day, when they all stick to their conservative principles by staying home and declining to vote.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I can't say Hannity is a moron, but his listeners sure are.

It's actually quite humorous to listen to them try to impress themselves by using multisyllabic words, speak of political topics that have very little or no knowledge of, and pose themselves as some sort of super intellectual beings, who truly believe they are better/smarter than most, when in reality, they have slightly more intelligentsia than your average river rock.

And even better to hear them being led like lemmings by the conservative Pied Piper himself. These people couldn't posit an opinion without having it spoonfed to them in conservative politics 101 on the radio.

Hannity himself? Really kind of a shrewd dude. Genuine, perhaps not. But, he knows what's good for his checkbook, and he works it that way. I really see him less as a true conservative and more as a well paid entertainer of conservatives.

5. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

Replace "Hannity listener" with "typical SportsJournalists.com poster" and we are in complete agreement.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Hondo...I'd like to try a different tack with you on this....

I place absolutely zero stock in ANY celebrity endorsement. While they certainly can have their opinion and use their celeb status to get it shared with others, I prefer to use my own mind, morals and values, not someone else's. It's like deciding whether or not to see a movie based on a critic's opinion.

That being said, if people are stupid for listening to celebs, then why aren't those same people stupid for listening to Rush, Hannity or any other number of talking heads?

7. Because of... the libs!

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

What is a 'typical SportsJournalists.com poster'?

9. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

Oh, I'd say the description I quoted pretty much hits the mark when it comes to political threads.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Well . . . if you expect that the locals are going to run to embrace someone who
    (say) regards evolution as a fantasy . . . you're going to have a hard time
    obtaining consistent levels of succor in these parts.

This is a journalists' board. Facts . . . and all that.

Just sayin'.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

In case you're still wondering, it's a little thing called freedom of speech.

12. You're free to speak about whatever fact-free fantasy comes to your mind.

Draft saved Draft deleted