1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hank Steinbrenner: Little Stein, Big...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Stein Lite, I like that name........Stein Lites for the two brothers.

Hey, if Donnie Baseball gets hired, then doesn't win for two/three years, YankTown will run him out, too. Fans won't like it, but they will call for it, dontcha think? Yanks fans, like BoSox fans, want that winner every year.

I think Girardi gets the job. Torre was great in his stint, but now the Yanks need a guy who will light a fire underneath those guys. Somebody has to ride this team every two out of three games. Too much talent there to not ride it hard at this point.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So, is Hank the new SportsJournalists.com Fredo?

Just askin'

3. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Nah, more like the new SportsJournalists.com Sonny. Hank seems to be an impulsive hot-head, not a bumbling fool... just yet.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Sonny had better people skills than Hank or Hal, both of whom hit the genetic lottery. I guess winning a fantasy league or two makes them expert baseball men. Fools that they are.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So, where's Hank's causeway?

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Triborough Bridge.

Sonny's causeway is now Uniondale, the area surrounding the Coliseum.

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

[​IMG]

Wandered too far into New England.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Nowhere, 'cept I -- unlike Hank -- didn't wake up on third base, thinking I'd hit a triple.

Lucky sperm club, indeed.

9. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

It's gonna get ugly, dontcha think? Boss George was a tyrant for the first 22 years or so. Then Torre comes in and cools the place off for 12 years.

Now we've got Boss George's two sons, eager to take control and establish their power over everything, and maybe they have no better training/experience than Boss George had back in 1974.

This will not progress well. But it should be a hoot to watch.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It'll get ugly, fast

If the top of the AL Central stays strong, and the Red Sox don't get smug, Bronx Cheers could easily miss the playoffs, next year.

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

The Bronx is Burning II, anyone?

OK, maybe not. :)

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Is it any better to think you scratched out a walk, stole second and third when in reality you popped up? Delusional self importance is not uncommon or exclusive to the privileged.

Draft saved Draft deleted