1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hank Gathers, 20 years later (sort of)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Holy crap . . . you mean boots is Drip?!?!?!?!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for pointing that out!

Man, that's a great bit of investigative work. I mean, to see that Drip posted something, and then go search for where boots posted it, and . . . I wanna party with you, pal.

2. [​IMG]

3. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

Didn't you do the same thing to my husband a couple of years ago?

4. Piotr Rasputin

Yes, in summer 2008. And I was the ONLY one to do it.

I wouldn't exactly call it one of my finer, more mature moments.

Like with Drip, your husband didn't bother to make it a challenge. Dickens Cider was just as easy for someone like me, who wasn't even trying, to sniff out. I don't think Drip or Dickens (or YankeeFan, or ScribePharisee, YGBFKM, or Living visalia thru you's multiple users, etc.) tried to make it tough. They just posted the same things under different names. Did everything but broadcast who they were in Neon Lights, as I did the one time I employed another name to honor a Fantastic Four movie that sucked anyway.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yankee Fan is a clone?

Nobody tells me anything.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

And here I thought there was possibly a (small) market for sledgehammer workout videos.

Fucking bummer.

7. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I was at LMU's first round NCAA Tournament game that year and it was one of the most memorable games I can remember.

It was played in the Long Beach Arena and even though LMU was ranked at the time of Hank's death, they drew New Mexico State in the first round. The game remains the only time that two ranked teams met in the first round of a 64-team field.

Bo started cold and shot the left-handed free throw. He picked up his third and fourth fouls in the first half, but never came out of the game and never fouled out.

LMU fell behind early but ended up winning by 20+

The thing I remember was the atmosphere in the building. It was practically an LMU home game and even though the NCAA outlawed signs, it seemed like every LMU fan had one and they all came out early.

It was a very memorable experience.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

I am completely amazed that this is such a big deal. Is there a prize or something involved?

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So I guess being banned only counts once. The Highwaymen were right.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

You were banned?

11. Piotr Rasputin

[​IMG]

(I like to think we can get this thread back on track by March 4, the actual anniversary)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Where do you come up with this crap? I am this. I am that. More importantly, what do you gain? To spend that much time thinking about any post that I or anyone else writes, is frightening. It definitely isn't worth the trouble. In case you haven't noticed, this is a message board.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.