1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hangover Cures

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Highway 101, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Not a drop of alcohol last night.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I was refering to being an amateur

3. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

OK. Time to go see what MM Coach has to say about his MM conference and his MM game later this week.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

From my drinking days, I learned that if you scarf down a large burger, fries and soda from a fast food place, plus drink a large bottle of water, you'll be fine.

5. patchs

patchs Active Member

Taco Bell, because you'll shit the thing out of your system.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Potassium tablet either before bed or when you trudge to the bathroom to pound a glass of water at 6:18 in the morning. V8 works, too.

7. three ibprofin/advil/aspirin and a bottle of water before you go to bed. Takes the headache away, but not the shits.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Spam and yogurt.

Anchovies and milk.

A nice, greasy pork sandwich, served in a dirty ashtray.

9. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

You already fucked up.
    Head to Tommy's or In and Out and live with the consequences in the afternoon.

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

A few glasses of water before you start drinking/while you're drinking. Hangovers are the result of dehydration.

11. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Spam and yogurt? The thought makes me want to hurl.
    Anchovies and milk? The thought makes me want to hurl.
    Pork sandwhich? Sounds good if you hold the ashtray. Otherwise, the thought makes me want to hurl.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'm back on my feet thanks to the H20 and Advil.

Oh, and MM Coach said, "The league is as competitive as it's ever been. Every game is going to be a war. There are no gimmies. Every game is going to 5-up or 5-down with 5 to play."

Props to Doc for the oddest suggestions. That's the effort I want see from my SJ friends.

Fishwrapper: I'd love to have an In-and-Out joint in my neck of the woods. Unfortunately, there's a Krystal on every other block instead.

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

And thank YOU for that. Best choice you'll make all year.

Draft saved Draft deleted